AIR PLATFORM INTEGRATION ENGINEER – STEVENAGE
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a multi-national defence company, based in Stevenage, who are actively seeking an Air Platform Integration Engineer to join their team. The need for these positions has arisen as a result of an ever-growing workload, achieved by the companies aim to offer the best and most cost-efficient solutions and services, within the defence sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leading company that offers a comprehensive product range, incorporating today’s most advanced technologies.
In this role you work within the growing Airborne Systems Integration division, delivering the integration of complex weapons onto fixed wing and rotary platforms for both UK and overseas customers.
The typical responsibilities of this position include:
* Delivery of integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
* Produce and agree integration requirements with subject matter experts and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
* Produce and agree interface control documentation with the platform design authority to control and maintain the definition of the platform to store interface and ensure compatibility between them.
* Establish integration trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system.
* Design, plan and execute integration trials activities with the platform design authority and subject matter experts.
* Deliver the certification of the integrated product and the associated certificates of design.
What we are looking for:
* An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
* Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines e.g., electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
* Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
* Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
* Pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
* Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 highly desirable.
* Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms.
* Ability to guide and direct a technical team.
* Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy.
Important information: Due to the nature of this role, any offer made to a successful candidate would be subject to satisfying a full security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.