Stream Resourcing are working with a worldwide leader in the Defence industry who is currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Authority to join within the Maritime part of the business.
As an Assistant Technical Authority within Integrated Platform Management Systems, you will support the TA in all technical aspects of the role, preparing documentation, attending review boards and will work as part of a team delivering the most complex and integrated control systems ever fitted to a warship to control power, propulsion and auxiliary systems and that allow full situational awareness during damage control scenarios such as fires or flooding.
This role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to be involved in an International programme on one of the most advanced and modern anti-submarine warships in the world and can be a development role for someone wishing to work towards technical authority position.
* Engineering Degree or equivalent
* Experienced Naval Engineer
* Knowledge of IPMS design processes and inter-relationships
* Comprehensive experience in Safety related design (including IEC 61508, MilStan 882E)
* Experience of working with within the Defence Industry
* Knowledgeable and experienced in the development and integration of IPMS equipment in the naval environment
* Experience of Verification and Validation Methodology
* Strong experience of marine control systems and/or complex distributed software intensive systems (e.g. Shared Infrastructure)
* Good working experiences in more than one phase of the Engineering Lifecycle, with a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
*Due to the nature of the work, to apply for this role you must be SC cleared / clearable*
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.