Barrel Maker (CNC Machinist)
A leading manufacturer is looking for a Barrel Maker to join their machine operation team.
Employment Type: Permanent
Clearance: Police Check required
Shifts: Monday-Wednesday 3.30pm-1am, Thursday 3.30pm-11pm (36 hours per week)
Operating CNC machines in a shop environment with use of Manual Lathes and surface grinding so your ability to working in these areas would be a bonus. There will be use of hand tools and precise material cutting involved in this role too therefore ability to work with both imperial and metric measurements would be beneficial.
Use of either Heidenhain, Fanuc controls or XYZ Prototrack controls is needed however experince with all controls is not necessary as the company is more than willing to invest in training and upskilling employees from day one.
* Mechanical Engineering qualification
* Abrasive Wheel Certificate
* Use of Fanus, Heidenhain or XYZ Prototrack
* Surface Grinding
* Use of Manal Lathes
* Experince with hand tools
* Able to work to tight tolerances and measure precisely
* Good communication skills-both written and verbal English
* Dynamic, motivated individual
* Ability to work as a part of a team
* Good attention to detail
Key words: CNC miller, CNC operator, CNC machinist, manual lathes, surface grinder, surface grinding, vertical mills, milling, Fanuc, Heidenhain
Commutable from: Portsmouth, Havant, Waterloovile, Fareham, Chichester, Southampton, Petersfield, Hampshire
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.