Atos sees a significant opportunity in Big Data and is now investing and growing the Big Data and Cyber Security (BDS) business unit in the UK by hiring Presales Engineers, and Senior Solution Architects within BDS.
The main driver for this role is to ensure significant growth in the BDS pipeline and therefore enable BDS to address a greater volume of deals. Will be supporting ecosystem including private sector customers, partners and Government, solutions from circa £50k to £2m.
* You will be configuring solutions in the field for Atos, while working with sales and finance team’s in obtaining the best price/performance solution
* Will be responsible for the specification of servers optimise network configuration, disk configuration, CPU and memory specification against performance and client budget
* Specify shared memory ‘Bullion’ systems for VMware and SAP Hana solutions
* Willing to take on greater technical ownership and grow their industry knowledge
* Respond to tenders sometimes to tight deadlines. Own the technical response and coordinate members within other teams in achieving answers. Work with Project Management and Support in the delivery of winning bids
* You’ work with various Quotation tools to provide proper BOMs and quotes for specific deals
* Build the TCO Analysis of Bullion against competition based on the specific use case
* Work with the factory to interact on workflow and generate proper ordering documents for Factory
Essential / Minimum Criteria you will need:
* Big Data presales engineer with proven experience in delivering deals to the private and public sector
* Deep understanding of the following technologies:
* Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, MapR, HortonWorks, Apache)
* A proven self-starter and be willing to look outside the standard ‘catalogue’ for solutions on occasion
* Security clearance to SC/DV level (or willing to undergo to DV)
* Prepared to travel nationally to customer and Atos sites
Skills that you have that would be helpful to the role:
* Crafting Realtime analytics solutions such as Apache Spark pipelines, Tibco Fast Data, IBM InfoSphere, Apache Storm
* Graph based analytics
* Presales design of large shared memory solutions.
* IBM mainframe presales experience
* Previous experience writing applications and code within the context of Hadoop, realtime analytics
* Will have previously managed a large Big Data cluster
* VMware or SAP Hana experience
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.