The year draws to a close, Christmas is around the corner, and perhaps it’s time to consider that new role for the new year? I am currently looking to speak with a n experienced Buyer to work for a key client of mine in Theale, Berkshire.
Working within a biomedical service organisation, you will be responsible for delivering crucial external service contracts and buying for spare parts for medical equipment. Exciting is the word I’d use to describe this vacancy, and ‘interesting’ is what I would say to myself if I was reading this advert. So why not apply?
* Support the Procurement Service Manager (PSM) to deliver profitable external service contracts and parts buying for biomedical equipment.
* Negotiating pricing and terms of maintenance contracts.
* Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of POs.
* Ensure that maintenance contracts records are accurately maintained.
* Manage the suppliers and contracts.
* Support the Procurement Service Manager in agreeing internal SLAs with our internal customers.
* Prepare agreed monthly reports on external service contract spend and performance against SLAs.
Experience and skills
* CIPS 3 or 4, qualified or working towards
* At least 2 years procurement experience within an integrated supply chain, including service and material management.
* Experience in Cost Management, SRM and Performance Improvement.
* Knowledge and experience of medical devices and/or endoscopy devices.
* Experience of managing, negotiating and monitoring contracts
* Proven ability to work successfully in a fast paced multi-disciplinary environment.
* Appreciation of whole life cost management.
* Experience in cost analysis, understanding systems and excel should be at an intermediate level
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.