Stream are working with a world leader in the Defence industry who are currently looking to hire a Software Developer to join their team in Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation. The work is extremely varied and will allow you to work from early concept studies, through to experiments incorporating real equipment and military personnel.
* Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems.
* Integration of hardware components and real equipment to provide an end-to-end representation of the system that is used with the end user.
* Use of simulation standards (DIS and HLA, DDS)
* the role will Involve working with tactical data links (Link16/Link11)
* the role will Involve working with serial and bus protocols (RS232/1553)
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for a software developer / engineer to join a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
* You will be comfortable operating in an environment where there is frequent change, and would relish the opportunity to use your skills and experience to influence and deliver our projects on time.
* You will be able to demonstrate your inter-personal skills and ability to build, develop and engage a disparate range of stakeholders.
* You will be able to demonstrate practical software engineering and / or system integration experience.
* You will be able to demonstrate your practical experience of C# and C++.
* The successful applicant will have excellent verbal and written communications and will be comfortable giving presentations.
What’s in it for you?
* You would join a customer focused team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies.
* You will be able to develop and grow your skills and abilities, as you will work closely internally and externally to deliver WSSE programmes.
* You will have opportunity to work collaboratively with International Teams across the client group.
* The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
*Please note, due to the nature of the work you must be SC cleared / clearable*
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.