Our global leading aerospace, defence, and space client is looking for a Software Developer to join their team for a long-term contract. This role sits within the Engineering and Operational Products group, supporting their space and satellite engineering activities.
Location: Fully remote initially, followed by on-site in Portsmouth post-restrictions with potential blended work arrangement)
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 12 months
Rates: £46.98ph PAYE / £62.15ph Umbrella (deemed in scope of IR35)
Clearance: BPSS Clearance only
* Enhancement of existing and creation of new applications/services/websites with innovative implementations of components to enrich the visual impact of the data.
* Detailed technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
* Reviewing and understanding business requirements working with cross-functional teams
* Developing and enhancing product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives
* Ensuring that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects.
* Engage with key stakeholders to understand the product and user requirements.
* Generate appropriate design documents, wireframes, and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions.
* Work with other development team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design and code reviews.
* Implementation, coding, and testing of complete solutions
* Generate unit tests and other testing strategies to ensure the products are being tested thoroughly to produce quality products.
* Follow SOLID, DRY, KISS and YAGNI principles.
Proven Software Developer experience, working with some of the following tools / languages:
* C# skills including OOP, REST APIs, generics, and reflection.
* .NET Core and Dependency Injection patterns.
* Knowledge of MS SQL server web interfaces, relational, warehouse and cube database schema architectures. Plus, knowledge around NoSQL Database technologies.
* Unit tests, mocking interfaces/frameworks.
* Experience with Agile methodologies.
* Knowledge of Microsoft products:
* Team Foundation Server / Azure DevOps.
* Visual Studio / VSCode.
Key words: C#, .Net, OOP, NoSQL, Agile, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, VSCode, Defence, Aerospace, Software, BPSS Clearance
Commutable from: Havant, Cosham, Southampton, Winchester, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Chichester, Isle of Wight, Waterlooville, Eastleigh, Bournemouth, Wimborne, Christchurch, Worthing, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Guildford, Aldershot, Petersfield, Frimley, Andover
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.