Stream Resourcing are currently working with a leading Aerospace company that deliver industry-leading commercial aircraft, helicopters, military transports, satellites and launch vehicles, as well as providing data services, navigation, secure communications, urban mobility and other solutions for customers on a global scale. Vacancies have arisen for 4 x C# Software Engineers to join at the Newport site. Initial 6 month contracts which are likely to be extended, the workhas been deemed inside of IR35 and the rate is £384.37/day PAYE.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown, preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation, and intergration of software onto the target platform.
* Needs to understand and devise intricate solutions to complex problems after lengthy and involved analysis
* Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues required to produce software for complex equipment
* Needs to specify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to design and develop software to Airbus Defence & Space standards and specification requirements
* Needs to control the their own work and that of their team to deliver the allocated project Work Packages
* May operate as first line manager for their software team
* Needs to use political and influencing skills to reach agreement on software matters with customers, project management, and Airbus Defence & Space engineering and support teams.
Please note, you must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
The work will be based in Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.