Our client is a global leader within the defence, aerospace, and space sector. They are currently looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join their team in Newport.
Location: Newport, South Wales
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: Initial 6 months
Rates: up to £508.50 p/d Umbrella / £384.87 p/h PAYE (deemed in scope of IR35)
Clearance: You MUST hold SC level Security Clearance to apply for this role.
The Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements by:
* Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
* Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
* Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
* Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
* Integration of software onto the target platform
* Providing software technical support
* Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies.
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
* Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
* Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
* Must be familiar with process driven software development
* Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
* Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Experience of full project lifecycle
* Experience of Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
* Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
* Experience of formal software configuration management
Key Words: C++, Software, Development, Defence, Aerospace, SC level clearance, Full Project Lifecycle, DOORS, UML, Stakeholder.
Commutable From: Bristol, Cardiff, Cwmbran, Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, Port Talbot, Barry, Abergavenny, Hereford, Three Cocks, Tewkesbury, Bath.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.