CAD Tooling Design Engineer
6-Month Contract – Inside IR35
Stream Resourcing are working with an industry leading telecommunications company who offer turnkey global transmission systems, tailored to each individual customers needs. This is a well-established organisation who are flourishing in a prolonged period of sustained, organic growth and as a result, they are seeking CAD Tooling Design Engineer’s to join their team.
* Working with Industrial and Research & Development Engineers in the design and Industrialisation of new products.
* Proposing new tooling concepts that can simplify assembly operations and ensures reliable and consistent build methods.
* Propose alternative tooling solutions to address various assembly requirements.
* Present new tooling concepts.
* Design tooling using Creo CAD package to the required specification for quotation, manufacture and 3D modeling.
* Sourcing of external equipment to aid and improve production operations.
* Working with Tooling Manufacturers to answer any technical questions promptly and professionally
* Ensuring on time delivery of tooling.
* Inspection of new tooling, ensuring conformance with drawing specification.
* Define the calibration period & inspection requirement for each tooling.
* Maintain in-house maintenance databases where applicable.
* Validation of new tooling on various mechanical models to ensure they are fit for purpose.
* Work within a team for the successful introduction of new products into production.
* Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Experience working with Creo CAD package, or any other similar CAD package.
* Experience in a technical and/or manufacturing environment
* Organised, disciplined & methodical approach to problem solving
* Motivated with strong interpersonal & team skills
* Sound practical experience with MS Excel and Word.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.