Offline CADCAM Programmer – Permanent – Portsmouth
Are you an enthusiastic CADCAM Programmer who is keen to be part of a growing and collaborative company specialising in marine technology?
For this position, the company is interested in hearing from candidates who can support the business to continue to develop their programming ability and reduce NCRs through improved programs. You will have a current, working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling and proper usage as well as the ability to perform online programming.
* Creation and modification of CNC programs for FANUC / HIEDHAIN / MAZATROL Matrix controls using Edgecam software.
* Creation and maintenance of all related production documentation (Routings, BoMs, Process method sheets, Setup sheets, review videos etc.)
* Development of CADCAM post processors and Virtual Machine Controllers for Vericut.
* Proactive continuous improvement of existing and new programs and processes, including, but not limited to cutting tools, work holding etc.
* Play a leading role in ensuring that all work carried out is to ISO 9001/2000 standard.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
* Creating CNC machining programs using Edgecam and Vericut from Solidedge 3D models and drawings.
* Maintaining and updating the Edgecam CADCAM tool store and Technology Assistant, including creation of tool models and fixtures.
* Updating and correcting CAD drawings using Solidedge
* Optimising CNC programs using Vericut to provide collision free fully optimised programs (Mill / Turn and milling / Turning / Grinding) Creation and maintenance of Vericut setup sheets to facilitate correct setup of components.
* Determine the manufacturing process of a new product from the fixture/work holding stage to the finish product Create and maintain the part manufacturing processes in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering.
* Testing, development, and optimisation of Edgecam post processors / Vericut post processors and associated processes.
* Documentation of and training of others in the efficient use of all of these skills.
* Non-conformance investigation and resolution.
* Creation of routings / process method sheets / setup documents and BoMs.
Please note, this particular role is offered subject to successfully obtaining security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.