Field Service Calibration Engineer
Home Based, South West (Ideally Bristol/M5 Corridor)
Up to £30,000 + Bonus + OT + Allowances + Fuel Card
An innovative global provider of engineered Electronics for performance critical applications, are actively looking to recruit a Service Calibration Engineer.
In this role you will predominately cover the UK and provide a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive calibration and engineering service, to support a number of aerospace clients in maintaining instrumentation equipment and systems across temperature, electrical and pressure.
This job is home based, ideally located in Bristol or along the M5 Corridor. The role involves frequent travel, overnight stays and working overtime. This will also mean working occasionally on weekends. The rates of which can be discussed further over the phone.
The successful Service Calibration Engineer day to day responsibilities will include:
* Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair onsite instrumentation.
* Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
* Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
* Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
* Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
* Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
* Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
* Ensure all forms and certificates are accurate and produced on time.
The successful candidate will have proven commercial experience in electrical, pressure, temperature calibration and uniformity surveys. Industrial experience in the Metal Processing, Aerospace or similar industries is highly desirable with a sound knowledge of instruments.
To be suitable for this role you must have the following experience:
* Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in electrical/instrumentation/system/control discipline or served a relevant apprenticeship
* Knowledge of UKAS BS/EN/ISO 17025 and AMS 2750E.
* Experience with calibration of temperature/pressure instrumentation including Temperature Uniformity Surveys.
* Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* The ability to develop good working relationships with customers.
* Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
* Proven experience in a field service / on-site role.
* Experience with Eurotherm products
For more information please call Aarron on 02392 314 683. Alternatively, please click apply or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be shortlisted for this position.
Key Words: Calibration, Instrumentation, Engineer, Field Service, Electrical, Aerospace, Pressure, Eurotherm