Chemical Process Engineer
Full time – Permanent
£35,000 – £55,000
Do you have a passion for Chemical engineering? Are you loooing for a fresh start in a forward thinking and stable company?
Our client are a market leader in delivering technology and professional services strategies that support their customers. They have the agility and capability to respond to the next wave of technology with the team structure to work collaboratively. Their main aim is to become an embedded and trusted partner their clients. Their success in delivery is based on bringing in and developing the right people to help their clients and partners to achieve their vision.
Our clients reputation for operating responsibly and safely is critical as they go about the everyday business of supporting organisations within highly regulated industries. They are committed to working to the highest ethical, safety and environmental standards.
Purpose of the role:
As a Chemical Process Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team to analyse customer requirements and detail system function requirements; design, calculate and develop existing and new TPGM equipment and support growth and new business opportunities. As a Chemical Process Engineer you will work in a matrix organisation across all departments. This ranges from production and supply right through to sales and customer support. The aim is to allow advance, develop and support our client base with holistic equipment and customer support.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
· Working with a multidisciplinary design team in support of new business initiatives to include but not limited to:-
· Calculations to support and underpin complex engineering solutions to meet customer specifications.
· Technical descriptions of system processes and plant operation for the timely submission of new business activities and bids.
· Leading the technical aspects of proposal/bids that are assigned to you by the team lead
· Identify potential issues and integrate possible solutions working with mechanical designers wrt to system integration and layout.
· Lead R&D activities assigned to you in support of risk reduction and technology advancement including but not limited to:-
· New processes and technology testing (testing, monitoring and evaluating new mechanical/electrical and chemical equipment).
· Mathematical modelling and scaled system concept design and test.
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
· Provide a professional backup service for colleagues during peak times or during absence.
· Follow company procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
· Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
· Act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions with customers and the public.
Demonstrable Qualifications, experience and skills:
· Degree in an Chemical Engineering discipline
· Professional Engineering recognition i.e. Chartered Engineering Status/working towards it or significant demonstrable Engineering industry experience
· Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale systems
· Experience in complex process equipment application design and integration
· Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivation and ability to work well under own initiative
· Able to build long-term successful stakeholder partnerships, both internally and externally with customers and suppliers
· Confident user of Microsoft suite, able to manipulate and analyse data within Excel to intermediate standard
· Demonstrable engineering leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
· Decision-making / problem solving skills
· Strong presentation skills: confident speaker and professional presentation
· Previous experience of an ERP system
· Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system
· Experience within a lean manufacturing environment
· Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
· Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. This normally requires 5 years residence in the UK.
What is in it for you?:
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Defined contribution company pension
· Company Profit Share scheme
· 4x Annual Salary Life assurance policy
· The Company will pay for one membership to an appropriate professional institution related to your role.
If you are interested in this role click apply now and one of our recruitment team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.