A global Information Technology and Engineering service provider are looking for a new Chief Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. As the Chief Engineer you will be responsible for all technical performance and will serve as the single point-of-contact for technical matters and issues.
The successful candidate will be required to own and drive the Systems, Integration, Verification and Engineering. Lead Assurance and Service Management teams through design definition, execution, integration, through formal test and delivery into service phases.
* Demonstrated experience in implementing all stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, at the portfolio/systems integration level (programmes of £500M+ scale)
* Experience of architecture development across multiple, new and complex interfaces
* The ability to communicate at all levels about high level architecture as well as the low-level design layers.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to interact at all levels from engineers to executives
* An ability to understand and translate customer needs and expectations
* Understanding of various system development methodologies
* Ability to lead, encourage and influence cross functional and multi-location teams involving 100’s of individuals within 40+ teams
* Ability to define new strategies and processes, driving these through to their implementation
* Experience of working with multiple suppliers and stakeholders
* Confidence to work independently and within a fast-paced team
* Experience of delivering systems and solutions within the context of service orientated architectures and associated service management solutions (people, process, governance & technology)
* Some ITIL experience (in order to understand framework and best practice and how the designs/functionality produced will be used)
* Experience of utilising DOORS to manage requirements and Model Based Systems Engineering tools for managing user scenarios
* Knowledge of Air Traffic Management systems or programmes desirable, however experience of equivalent domains or systems suitable
* Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new capabilities
* Experience of model-based system engineering methodologies and outputs
* Experience decomposing system of systems architectures and specification of systems at multiple levels
* Experience of specifying systems/services from user perspective and ability to produce abstract views of detailed internal service design
* Experience in designing Cloud-based Platforms would be an advantage, including large scale system virtualisation and orchestration
To find out more please apply or send your CV to ElliotHall@StreamResourcing.com
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.