Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Azure) – 100% remote – DOE £80k + Bonus
A very unique opportunity has opened up for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances. This is a great opportunity to work for a truly remarkable company that are genuinely making a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries. This role is a 100% remote based position working with a team of engineers, who are also remotely based.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining infrastructure for application hosting and integration. You will also be responsible for supporting teams in CI/CD and DevOps practices.
* Currently host all of their servers on Microsoft Azure. A large portion are hosted on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) with very few left on their legacy traditional VMs. You will be directly responsible for their shared hosting infrastructure.
* You will be the only dedicated infrastructure engineer on a team of 20+ software developers. You will get leverage on your time by empowering the developers themselves to manage 90%+ of the infrastructure work (CI/CD, resource scaling, observability, etc.) within a framework you manage.
* You will work an on-call shift, but only occasionally, e.g. ~1 week per month; the rest of the on-call rotation will be handled by other engineers within the team.
* You will be involved in networking configuration for 3rd party service integrations and you will be a key player in security audits for all of our services.
* Previous experience working as an Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
* Background with the management of application hosting infrastructure in Microsoft Azure.
* Experience with infrastructure-as-code and an understanding in its value as an approach.
* Strong computer networking skills and experience with network security/configuration.
* Strong DevOps mentality: you should have an orientation towards eliminating bottlenecks and enabling a broad team of software engineers to deliver value based on a robust shared infrastructure/processes.
* Background with Azure Kubernetes Service is highly desirable
Benefits: Bonus scheme, Pension, Private Medical Cover
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.