As the CNC Miller/Programmer you will be primarily responsible for programming, setting and operating milling machines, working in a low volume, high value environment where quality and attention to detail is paramount.
A CNC miller is required however a CNC Turner with milling experience would be considered for the role.
The ideal candidate must have programming experience. Knowledge of Mazatrol would be good but not essential
Apprentice served or equivalent recognised training
* To produce high quality components to the drawings, specifications, and tolerances provided.
* Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a conversational computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
* To operate efficiently on any of the machines to the required times.
* Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
* Determine the fixtures, attachments and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications.
* To report to the Supply Chain Team Leader any drawings that exceeds the working parameters of your machine.
* To self-inspect all work that you have carried out on a component in accordance with the quality procedure.
* Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Supply Chain Team Leader.
* Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of the machines to the Supply Chain Team Leader.
* To ensure the machine is regularly maintain following the department maintenance schedule.
* Recommend drawings changes that could result in better efficiency and quality of components.
* Continually evaluate machine cutters and technology to improve cycle times.
* Create specific machine set-ups for all components.
* Required to participate in and encourage team working culture throughout the department. (The department encompasses Inspection, Machining, Goods inwards and Dispatches)
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* To provide cover for other machine operators and departmental roles.
Hours of work 1.00 pm – 11.15 pm Monday to Thursday with Friday a non-working day (this shift attracts a premium payment of basic + 15% for all hours worked);
Salary depending on experience 25k (£28,750 with the 15% uplift) to 30k (34,500 including 15% uplift)
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: CNC Miller, CNC Programmer or as a CNC Machinist (with milling experience).
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.