Stream have an exciting opportunity for an experience Radar Systems Engineer to join our client, who is a multinational defence, security and aerospace company.
Your main responsibilities as a Radar Systems Engineer will involve:
- Providing a ‘System of Systems’ approach to Integration, Assurance and Analysis activities within the domain of radar engineering.
- Using Data Recording and Analysis equipment and other built-in/bespoke integration toolsets to interpret system operational capability.
- Providing succinct and accurate and timely reports to support integration, trials and assurance activities as requested by the Customer
- Conducting analysis in support of trials recordings and provide suitable reporting with narrative to substantiate finding
- Keeping abreast of Complex System advances and major system changes in order to remain current and competent (identify and attend training acquaints and in house briefings as appropriate).
- Working on a broad and interesting range of projects and tasks within the Combat Systems domain.
Your skills and qualifications as a Radar Systems Engineer:
- Technical experience of radar Systems, host equipment’s and interfaces.
- A understanding of how radars are designed and the differences between radars with different end functionality.
- An understanding of Pulse Repetition Frequency and how it can be used with modern digital systems.
- An understanding of radar cross section and how it may impact radar performance.
- A good understanding of modern IFF Interrogators and Transponders
- A good understanding of IP based networks and their utilisation within modern digital systems
What we’re looking for in you:
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external).
- Flexible approach to tasking – Team tasks to be subdivided and allocated within the core team according to specialisation, and managed to a timely conclusion.
- Be proactive and adopt a professional approach in dealing with technical issues and colleagues within the business unit and externally.
- Ability to handle a diverse set of personalities
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.