Commercial and Contracts Officer
Full time – Permanent
£32,000 – £40,000
Our client are a market leader in delivering technology and professional services strategies that support their customers. They have the agility and capability to respond to the next wave of technology with the team structure to work collaboratively. Their main aim is to become an embedded and trusted partner their clients. Their success in delivery is based on bringing in and developing the right people to help their clients and partners to achieve their vision.
Our clients reputation for operating responsibly and safely is critical as they go about the everyday business of supporting organisations within highly regulated industries. They are committed to working to the highest ethical, safety and environmental standards.
Purpose of the role:
To support ongoing projects and ensure that the delivery teams have commercial support to manage risks as they mature on projects. The role will also involve customer facing activities and will support other areas of the business as required; working closely with the Project Managers and the Business Development team.
* Ensure all Agreements e.g. Non-Disclosure, Sales/Purchasing, Consulting, Licensing, Master, Sub-contracts and other similar forms of legal agreements are drafted, negotiated and agreed in accordance with Group requirements and processes and follow the Group approval process.
* Have a good understanding of MoD commercial practises including SSRO.
* Provide contract management expertise to the Project Management, Purchasing and Engineering teams.
* Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company and Group policies.
* Ensure all new contracts are logged onto the company databases and communicated out
* Support to the Head of Legal & Commercial and the Commercial team
* Hold monthly commercial reviews and provide guidance on contract matters to Project management teams ensuring Project Managers and operational staff are aware of the commercial implications of contract matters.
* Identify requirements for training in contracting practises and procedures for new Project managers and others. Liaising with key stakeholders in delivering training.
* Maintain contractual records and documentation of all contract correspondence.
* Provide support to the bid process, including end to end review of all proposals to ensure risks are identified, understood and mitigated. Ensure all bids issued comply with the Group approvals processes.
* Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
* Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
* Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* At least 3 years experience working in a commercial role
* Comfortable negotiating face to face with potential customers/suppliers
* Understanding of legal contract terms and conditions
* Risk management including application and interpretation of contract terms for relevant business environment
* Strong drafting skills
* Strong understanding of terms and conditions, including good drafting skills
* Strong understanding of Defence Conditions
* Computer literate in all Microsoft packages
* Worked for a defence supplier
* Knowledge and experience of working with MOD tendering processes
* Tender support
Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK. Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
What is in it for you?:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Defined contribution company pension
* Company Profit Share scheme
* 4x Annual Salary Life assurance policy
* The Company will pay for one membership to an appropriate professional institution related to your role.
If you are interested in this role click apply now and one of our recruitment team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.