Component Engineer (Materials) – Portsmouth – 6 Month contract
My client, a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, produces and delivers innovative solutions. Their products and services vary from commercial aircrafts, helicopters, defence, security, and space segments.
The successful candidate will be working remotely for now (TBD from June), on a 6-month contract.
Important Information: You must be able to obtain a minimum of BPSS level clearance, however the ability to obtain security clearance is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
* Cost and schedule management will be key in this role.
* Knowledge and experience in the technology of EEE parts as well as the EEE space specification systems (MIL, ESCC), necessary evaluations and qualifications.
* Knowledge in an electronic manufacturing environment.
* Experience within a quality management environment.
* Good competence in team working.
* Customer-oriented way of thinking.
* Independent and accurate way of working.
The successful candidate will be responsible for EEE & PCB selection and demand management by ensuring on cost, quality and on schedule delivery of EEE parts and usage support. This will also include applications support to end-customer as well as to lower tier suppliers for sub-assembly procurements. Maintains the link between internal customer and EEE management team.
You will be responsible for:
* EEE experience is critical.
* EEE selection management, demand management (on quality, on time, on cost) and applications support.
* Responsible for technical /quality support to end-customer (internal or external) as well as to lower tier suppliers for sub-assembly procurements.
* Part of project core team.
* Coordinating all EEE requirements.
* Managing deviations and non-conformances with users.
Cosham, Havant, Southampton, Winchester, Waterlooville, Fareham, Chichester, Salisbury, Aldershot, Guildford, Eastleigh, Worthing, Petersfield, Farnborough, Farnham, Basingstoke, Woking, Liphook, Ringwood.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.