* The Principal Configuration Manager will be responsible for Major Project CADM activities and staff.
* Lead and develop a CM and Documentation Team across business units and sites for their Project.
* Ensure all Project Configuration Processes (CCB, ABCL, CIDL etc. as required) are maintained, in collaboration with the Project PMO Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
* A Principal Configuration Manager may also be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment within the CADM functional requirements and associated processes.
* Act as a focal point for Configuration Management for Projects/Site.
* Support Transnational Process and Tool Improvement activities as required.
* Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
* Day to day management of the configuration status of the Project.
* Managing the Project(s) workload and highlighting any perceived adjustments that might be required to the Local Team Lead or Department Head.
* Leading and managing Configuration and Documentation team members assigned to the project.
* Working closely with the Customer and Project ensuring the requirements are maintained without additional cost or impact to Project or Customer.
* Internal and external document/data management.
* Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting.
* Manage CCB activities and PDM tool administration as required.
* Creation and control of metadata
* Creation and management of relevant structures in PDM tool, across all domains affected
* Support & Train Project end users for all Configuration and Document issues
* Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions within and without Projects
* Support to Local Team Leader as required
* Ensure the quality of document/data management as a prerequisite for good project configuration control.
* The Principal Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool, across all domains and containers for their responsible Projects
* Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Teamcenter….)
* Minimum 7-10 years Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment
* Experience of working with Customers in a CM Liaison role
* Experience in a sensitive data environment advantageous
* Technical knowledge
* Full Configuration Management knowledge in:
* Configuration Identification
* Configuration Structures (Assembly / Product etc)
* Baseline Management
* Change Management
* Status Accounting
* Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
* IT Literate with MS Office Tools
* Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred
* Excellent communication/teamwork with all internal stakeholders
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.