Contract Antenna Design Engineer
Inside IR35 – Competitive rate
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally market leading, multi-national group who are a world leader in air defence solutions across the Air, Land and Sea platforms. With the continued goal of providing the most technologically advanced defence products, for both current and future needs, they are looking for an experienced Electronic Engineer to join their team, to design and develop RF and microwave antennas.
* Design and develop RF and microwave antennas.
* Interact with internal customers and suppliers to understand antenna design requirements, volume constraints and environmental specifications so that the final design is compliant with the overall requirements.
* Provide technical advice and assistance in pursuance of existing and new business, particularly in the fields of Antenna Design Capabilities, RF & Microwave Engineering and ensure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the proposed technical solutions
* Diagnose Antenna issues using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, data analysis in design
* Design, simulation & layout using HFSS (understanding limitations of different solvers)
* Design and optimisation of array feed networks
* Complex Antenna Array simulations/optimisation using HPC/cluster
* RF/Microwave Antenna Design (Narrowband and Wideband)
* RF/Microwave Antenna Array Design
* Antenna test and trials in an anechoic chamber
* Manufacturing techniques, capabilities and constraints
* Use of vector network analysers and other test equipment
* Assessment of installed RCS performance of an Antenna
* Awareness of meta-materials technologies
* Appreciation of mechanical design & module packaging
* Appreciation of mixed signal board techniques
* Appreciation of active Microwave, RF and Analogue Design
* Clear understanding of engineering tools, processes and procedures
* Be conversant with RF/Microwave design tools including HFSS and MATLAB (CST/ADS/FEKO is
* also desirable but not essential)
* Process complex array data using MATLAB
* Take early prototype designs into serial production
* Be able to write high quality test requirements and test reports
* Generate plan of activities and manage own work
* Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
* Current holder of full SC clearance
Commutable from: Hertfordshire; Stevenage; Hitchin; Letchworth Garden City; Welwyn Garden City; Hertford; Hatfield; Luton; Bishop’s Stortford; Thundridge; Hemel Hempstead; St Albans
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.