CONTRACT EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER – HAMPSHIRE
£35-£45 PER HOUR (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE)
My client is a leading manufacturing outfit and was amongst the first companies in the UK to obtain Investors in People status.
They develop Electro-Mechanical Machines that include a variety of interesting technologies such as; Motor Control, Embedded Software, Safety Critical Design Factors & Analogue/Digital/Power Electronics.
They currently have an opening in their Software Team for an embedded software engineer to join on a 6 months contract basis. They are looking for candidates with strong Embedded C for Microcontrollers OR from Algorithm developers with experience in PID, Motor Controller and Sensors.
– Programming languages such as C (essential)
– Developing requirement specifications and system architectures.
– Developing software for a real-time embedded environment.
– V-model process (or similar), version control, Unit testing, Bug Tracking, Continuous Integration, software build environments or similar tools
– OOD (Object Oriented Design) or UML (Unified Modeling Language).
A more detailed technical job description can be provided upon request.
All roles within the software team are ‘hands-on engineering positions’ and not simply desk based roles. You will spend time coding but also in the lab getting hands on with the product and trailing the product.
Key words: Electronics Engineer Hardware Design Development Power Electronics Motor Control
Commutable from: Andover, Hampshire, Salisbury, Basingstoke, Southampton, Winchester, Swindon
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.