Contract Stress and Thermal Engineer
6-month Contract – Portsmouth
INSIDE IR35 – Umbrella rate: £37.29p/hr; PAYE Rate £28.19p/hr
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced and complex satellite payload networks and equipment. They are currently seeking Mechanical Engineers to join their team on a 6-month contract basis. In this role you will be responsible for performing stress and thermal analysis activities on telecoms satellite payloads, in particular involving the mechanical analysis of complex waveguide networks and discrete electronic payload devices.
* Using FEMAP and Nastran for random vibration analysis, as well as linear static and thermos-elastic analysis.
* The candidate would also be expected to support thermal analysis as and when required.
* The candidate will be expected to support the Analysis Team Lead and work closely with the CAD Design teams
* Other responsibilities include being the signatory for the mechanical analysis aspects of waveguide and equipment design, which will take the form of electronic signoff and written reports.
* You will be required to meet project design release targets and expected to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
* A degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering
* Proven experience within an aerospace or high tech / quality manufacturing environment
* Proven ‘hands on’ experience in dynamic / vibration analysis
* Strong working knowledge of Nastran
* Demonstrable evidence and experience of working on manual and automated meshing techniques
* Knowledge and / or experience of Thermal analysis. Experience with TMG would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only redeemable from the client once the contractor has started via the expense process.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.