Data Engineering Specialist – Geneva/Remote – Contract
I’ve a 3-month contract for a Data Engineer with a fantastic global MSP. The end client is based in Geneva, and the role is open to onshore and offshore workers.
What will I do?
The Data Engineering Specialist provides the required expertise to design and establish the different security metrics components as part of the IP Analytics Platform, using an interactive/agile approach
* Identify and document how data is structured and organized in existing data sources.
* Design and implement data pipelines in Python and SQL using Apache Spark and AWS Glue extensions.
* Implement data drift monitoring.
* Connect existing data visualization and reporting tools to final datasets.
* Assist data science specialists in the definition and extraction of relevant features for data analysis.
* Collaborate with business areas to improve the performance of central collation of big datasets.
* Assist the project team to define and implement suitable tools and processes to automate manual data extractions.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Expert knowledge and experience developing and implementing ETL jobs for data warehouses using SQL.
* Good knowledge and experience with AWS Big Data tools: Glue, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis.
* Expert knowledge and experience of data engineering tools and methods.
* Good knowledge and experience with AWS CloudFormation.
* Knowledge of CI/CD concepts in general and AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy in particular.
* Knowledge of provisioning of data APIs.
* Knowledge of information security concepts and terminology
* Confident communicator and team player, with an advanced level of written and spoken English.
What tools should I have used?
* SQL, Python, PySpark, Athena, Glue, Spark, Kinesis, Redshift
For more information apply now for a confidential chat.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.