Despatch Team Leader
My client is a well-established business renowned worldwide for the development and manufacture of cable systems and accessories. An industry leader and source of innovation, it is a top tier company to work for.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to support the Despatch function, ensuring effective coordination of the department.
What you will be doing
* Ensure customers’ needs are met by co-ordinating work from allocation of stock to orders through to despatch
* Control the day to day activity and ensure that manning and skills are in place to meet prompt deliveries by liaising with the Despatch Manager
* Assist with the forward planning of shop floor work in line with shipping requirements.
* Provide excellent service and ensure smooth running of the Department by maintaining effective communication with Stores, Sales and Customers
* Liaise with Wessex Freight for goods despatch out of the UK (export)
* Maintain and improve customer service levels by regular liaison with our haulier
* Ensure that health and safety awareness is present at all times
* Booking couriers
* Stock take of customers goods and telecoms stock
* Produce a daily ply count to send to suppliers daily
* Create a cycle count – stock take of all areas
* Process customer stock to go into BNS
What we need from you
* We are looking for candidates with a good working knowledge of SAP to carry out transactions.
* Knowledge of warehouse practices is also essential.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.