The main duty for the successful candidate will be towards the generation of test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech digital processor product business-line.
The digital processors designed are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
The candidate will be expected to work within product teams to capture design information, discuss and agree procedures for testing at all stages of assembly and ensure all work is sufficiently defined to allow accurate cost and scheduling data to be generated.
Main elements of the role are –
* Software design and debug
* Automatic test procedure generation
* Hardware/software integration and debug
* Test validation and design proving
* Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
* Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
* Support of test activities leading to unit delivery
* Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
* Strong experience in scripting languages (ideally Tcl, Python)
* Proven track-record in a product “design and test” business environment
* Very strong background in software/hardware integration and debug
* Commitment to delivering technical reports as required by the project team.
* Experience of working within a product manufacture and test domain
* RF test and measurement experience
* Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
Education & Training
* Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline), 2.1 or above.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.