Full time Permanent
Salary £40,000 – £45,000
Portsmouth – Hampshire
Our client are a market leader in delivering technology and professional services strategies that support their customers. They have the agility and capability to respond to the next wave of technology with the team structure to work collaboratively. Their main aim is to become an embedded and trusted partner their clients. Their success in delivery is based on bringing in and developing the right people to help their clients and partners to achieve their vision.
Our clients reputation for operating responsibly and safely is critical as they go about the everyday business of supporting organisations within highly regulated industries. They are committed to working to the highest ethical, safety and environmental standards.
Purpose of the role
Design, development and modification of electrical/electronic control systems and ancillary equipment for process plant, provide electrical support necessary for manufacture, test and maintenance in-service.
Responsible for delegated technical aspects of design and for meeting demands of finance and timescale.
Key responsibilities and tasks
* Selection of electrical/electronic hardware for design in accordance with customer requirements, including MoD, involving liaison with suppliers.
* Engineering design and production of documentation for hardware and software control systems. The design to fully comply with the companies and/or the customer’s requirements.
* Development of automation and control software that will be installed on process plants to fully comply with the companies and/or the customer’s requirements.
* Direction of Design Office during production of designs, including checking.
* Operation of the Company’s Departmental Procedures.
* Liaison with production/sub-contractors during manufacture and test of control systems, sub-assemblies etc. Supervision of technicians building prototype units.
* Testing and fault finding of control and test systems, including preparation of relevant documentation.
* Visits to clients’ offices or sub-contractor/suppliers’ works as required.
* Analysis, assessment and deployment of modern technology to improve the effectiveness, operation and accessibility of information at the company.
* Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
* Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
* Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
* Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
* Background of electrical/electronic manufacturing practices.
* Structured, logical approach to engineering design.
* Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision to a programme
* Membership of professional institute.
* Time served Apprenticeship.
* Familiarity with military equipment requirements.
* Experience of using PLCs and/or embedded systems- of both hardware and software aspects.
* Confident manner.
* Flexible approach.
* Positive attitude.
Role travel requirements
* Some travel to other TP group offices in the UK may occasionally be required.
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
* Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
* Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
What is in it for you?:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Defined contribution company pension
* Company Profit Share scheme
* 4x Annual Salary Life assurance policy
* The Company will pay for one membership to an appropriate professional institution related to your role.
If you are interested in this role click apply now and one of our recruitment team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.