ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS ARCHITECT – HERTFORDSHIRE
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a multi-national defence company, based in Hertfordshire, who are actively seeking an Electronic Architect to join their team. The need for these positions has arisen as a result of an ever-growing workload, achieved by the companies aim to offer the best and most cost-efficient solutions and services, within the defence sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leading company that offers a comprehensive product range, incorporating today’s most advanced technologies.
In this role you will be required to analyse and summarise design data from multiple sources clearly and succinctly, in order to develop a robust product design and development strategy.
The typical responsibilities of this position include:
* Establishing the equipment architecture definition and justifying design decisions
* Identifying and managing technical risk throughout the development lifecycle.
* Generating Cardinal Point Specifications / Technical Requirement Specifications
* Promoting reusable functions and modules (e.g. computing cores).
* Overseeing the development, ensuring compliance with the established architecture.
* Managing project technical delivery by leading the design and development of a technical solution, ensuring that it is to quality and delivered to the projects schedule and budget.
* Providing input and support to the Test and Evaluation team throughout the development of the verification and validation strategy for the equipment.
* Collaborating with the Technical Expert community to develop product roadmaps and develop Product Evolution and Technology Plans for relevant technologies.
What we are looking for:
* An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
* The curiosity and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with latest engineering techniques and products
* Ability to think outside of the box to implement innovative and effective engineering solutions.
* The ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely on technical matters.
* Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
* The ability to work independently & pro-actively
* The ability to adapt quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
* Willingness to travel within UK and Europe when required
* Experience in some or all of the following areas:
* Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
* Power electronics for distributed power networks
* Design of equipment for safety critical environments
* Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
* Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
* Compact packaging and thermal management techniques for complex high performance electronic equipment.
* Ideally, some understanding of internal computing design covering System on Chip technologies
* RF, Signal Processing & Software Defined Radio experience desirable
Important information: Due to the nature of this role, any offer made to a successful candidate would be subject to satisfying a full security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.