Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Gillingham – Competitive Salary
My client, an established OEM of automotive components is looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician. Working within an established highly skilled team, to provide corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance support.
The position requires ‘hands on’ strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will predominantly be responsible for the breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Fault finding, rectification, Basic electrical and mechanical interventions, modification, and development of machinery, as necessary.
* Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
* Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
* Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
* Use of Computerized maintenance management system for handovers and asset traceability.
Required Skills & Experience
To be considered candidates will need to have proven recent Maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment. It would be advantageous for candidates to come from an apprentice background and have exposure to the automotive industry (though this isn’t necessary).
The successful candidate will also have:
* Proven experience in maintaining, repairing, and developing machinery.
* Educated to HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent as a minimum.
* An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes.
* General Knowledge of PLC’s
* Electronic fault-finding experience
* 17th / 18th Edition would be advantageous but not mandatory for the role.
Salary: Competitive Salary.
27 days holiday
This position is commutable from Gillingham, Maidstone, Dartford, Tonbridge, Ashford, Croydon, and other areas within Kent.
For more information or to apply for the role of Electrical Maintenance Technician please contact Alex Mullan on 02392 322327 or email on email@example.com
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.