Electronic Systems/Architect Engineer
Permanent – Hertfordshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally market leading, multi-national group who are a world leader in air defence solutions across the Air, Land and Sea platforms. With the continued goal of providing the most technologically advanced defence products, for both current and future needs, they are looking for an experienced Electronics Architect to join their team, bring involved in all aspects of the clients product development, from the early feasibility studies through to production and mid-life updates and in some cases, managing major equipment suppliers for the development of the sub systems.
* Gather the electronic architecture and requirements
* Define the optimum electrical architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements
* Propose processor choice & operating system choice
* Recommend data bus types and routing
* Assume responsibility for system level power systems, including power budget, power profiles and surges
* Maintain an awareness for safety design considerations including routing of safety related signals, rules for signal separations in cable looms and on connector pin outs
* Acting as main point of contact for all technical issues
* Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities
* Technically handling internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-system work packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements
* Collaborating with and managing customer expectations throughout the development process.
* Responsibility for controlling any assigned budgets and identifying any further resource needs.
* Educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification having acquired substantial experience of electrical and electronic engineering, including digital electronics & microprocessor systems, analogue electronics & RF, electronic systems to perform image processing algorithms and power electronics
* Good understanding of broader engineering subject areas, including systems design and safety systems
* Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities
* Strong leadership ability, able to establish a clear engineering vision and influence managers and other partners across the company
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Eligibility to satisfy and maintain a full UK MOD SC clearance
Commutable from: Hertfordshire; Stevenage; Hitchin; Letchworth Garden City; Welwyn Garden City; Hertford; Hatfield; Luton; Bishop’s Stortford; Thundridge; Hemel Hempstead; St Albans;
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.