Electronic Design Engineer- Hybrid role- Contract
Location: Fareham (Hybrid working options available)
Employment Type: Contract (Inside IR35)
Rates: up to £55p/h Umbrella rate, depending on experience
This role has come up to support a marine engineering client with their electronics production during the current component shortage. We are looking for a generalist with experience in analogue and digital electronics, PCB testing and debugging and schematic/document control.
This role would suit someone with a couple of years’ experience through to an experienced senior engineer.
Day to day tasks:
* To work closely within the hardware team to investigate issues relation to component obsolescence
* Implementing solutions into production including:
* Design and verification of electronic circuits.
* Testing and debugging of PCB’s.
* Design and development of test fixtures.
* Component sourcing and procurement specification.
* Schematic / documentation control
* Educated to degree level with a BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with 2+ years’ experience in an Electronic design role.
* Experience in consumer electronics and high-volume manufacturing advantageous.
* Should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and grounding in the following subjects:
* Digital electronics: – Microprocessor design, CMOS logic design, PAL/EPLD design, DRAM, FLASH, EEPROM and PROM.
* Analogue electronics: – Bipolar transistor and FET design, Operational amplifiers, Analogue to digital conversion, Digital to analogue conversion.
* A good working knowledge and understanding of EMC and appropriate design.
* Use of schematic capture and circuit simulation tools.
* PCB layout and good practices.
* SM technologies and production / test processes.
Key words: electronics engineer, electronic design engineer, analogue, digital, PCB layout, schematic, electronic circuits
Commutable from: Portsmouth, Havant, Waterloovile, Fareham, Chichester, Southampton, Petersfield, Hampshire
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.