Electronics Engineer (NPI/CI/Production Support)
Permanent – Up to £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
Global Travel Required
An SME that is proudly one of the world’s largest developers, manufacturers and suppliers of satellite and Broadcasting equipment are looking for an exceptional Electronics to join their dynamic team in Stevenage. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing all necessary technical support required to establish and sustain manufacture on a global scale. Essentially, this position will support the introduction of new products into manufacturing.
This role sits within the Operations Engineering Department and you will be required to travel up to two weeks, every two/three months to China and the Philippines. In addition to providing support to production worldwide, you will be responsible to design and fabricate test equipment, jigs, fixtures and automated test scripts. Ideally, you will have experience with LabView.
This is a highly diverse role in a fantastic company, where you are able to work with autonomy and have sole responsibility to liaise with production and manufacturing teams worldwide.
* Support the introduction of new products into manufacture.
* Provide all necessary documentation to the production facility.
* Identification and approval of materials and components, and of suitable alternatives.
* Design and fabrication of test equipment, jigs or fixtures required by production.
* Automation of test procedures using high level languages such as LabVIEW
* Create documentation to completely describe manufacturing, assembly and test procedures.
* Provide technical support in order to establish and maintain production of existing models to the required standards.
* Audit of the production process and finished goods, to ensure that standards are maintained
* Upkeep and maintenance of production equipment, jigs and fixtures, including ensuring that test equipment is in a valid state of calibration.
Essential Skills & Experiences:
* The ability to automate test for a manufacturing environment – preferably through using Labview
* Volume Manufacturing Experience in a production support role
* Experience of New Product introduction/Project Management/Continuous Improvement
* Will be computer literate, with RF experience, particularly relating to RF test techniques, equipment, jigs and fixtures.
* Must be willing and able to travel as this role will involve foreign travel of up to two weeks every two/three months.
* Will have attained a minimum of HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Production Engineering, or a related discipline.
The company offers a very competitive salary as well as flexible working, pension scheme, death in service benefit, private medical insurance, health cashback scheme and free onsite parking. Also, the business operate a 12pm Finish on a Friday as standard.
For more information please click apply!
Alternatively, please call Aarron on 02392 314 683 or email an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.