Embedded C Software Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6-months
Rates: £49.87 p/h Umbrella / £38.64 p/h PAYE
Clearance: You MUST hold live SC level Security Clearance to apply for this position
Our client is an award-winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience, and perspectives.
Our client wants to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and encourage you to speak to them should you require any advice, support, or adjustments.
Our client is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. They welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. They understand that flexibility benefits people, teams, and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
The successful person will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
* Experience of full lifecycle real time embedded software development
* Significant previous experience of developing embedded software using C, C++
* Proven experience of Low level embedded bare-metal programming ideally without RTOS
* Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
* Being proactive and ability to debug and solve complex problems
* Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
* Experience of producing high integrity embedded software
* Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
* Knowledge of tools such as RTC, LDRA, Rhapsody
* Knowledge of real time operating systems
* Experience of designing software using UML
Key words: Embedded, C, Aerospace, Defence, Security Clearance, RTOS, Agile, Development, Real Time.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.