Embedded C Software Engineer – Stevenage – 6-Month Contract – £38.64 PAYE / £49.87 UMB (in scope)
My client in Stevenage is currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team in Stevenage for an initial 6-month contract. The role will be remote for now, and then is likely to be a blend of remote working and working on site post-covid.
Important information: You must hold in date SC level Security Clearance to apply for this role.
Overview of department:
Our Company creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems, and we want you to be a part of our Team.
We are currently in search of an experienced Software Engineer, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
* We offer an environment for Software Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
* The opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
* Opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning, and building new skills.
* Experience of full lifecycle real time embedded software development.
* Significant previous experience of developing embedded software using C, C++.
* Proven experience of Low level embedded bare-metal programming ideally without RTOS
* Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable, and efficient software solutions.
* Being proactive and ability to debug and solve complex problems.
* Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
* Experience of producing high integrity embedded software.
* Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies.
* Knowledge of tools such as RTC, LDRA, Rhapsody.
* Knowledge of real time operating systems.
* Experience of designing software using UML.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.