Emerging Products Systems Engineer
Permanent – Bristol
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally market leading, multi-national group who are a world leader in air defence solutions across the Air, Land and Sea platforms. With the continued goal of providing the most technologically advanced defence products, for both current and future needs, they are looking for skilled Systems Engineers, who have a passion for emerging and future technologies, to join their team.
* Assess the future product portfolio and influencing it, particularly product solutions
* Build, maintain and nurture customer relationships
* Customer needs analysis and elicitation
* Developing concepts and undertaking trade studies
* Manage task packages, including driving programmes to delivery, management of associated budgets and interfacing with technology areas.
* Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
* Support bids for future development
* Experience of Developing Concepts
* Experience of Undertaking Trade Studies
* Experience of task package ownership and managing technical programmes
* Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
* Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines, including product concepting, technology maturation, systems design & architecting, sub-system decomposition.
* Ability to respond to, and comfortable working with, the customer domain
* Comfortable with change , and adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
* Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
Key Words: High Level Requirement; Architecture; Architectural; Architect; System Architect; Systems Architect; Solution Architect; Solutions Architect; Enterprise Architect; OV; Operational View; Operational Activity Model; TOGAF; MODAF; DODAF; CONOPS; Concept; Conceptual; Concept of Operations; Thinker; Thinking; JCIDS; Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System; JROC; Capability; Capabilities; Joint Capability; CDD; Capability Development Document; Functional Analysis; Functional Analyses; SRD; System Requirement Document; Systems Requirement Document; StRS; Stakeholder Requirement Document; System Design; Systems Design; Requitement; Requirements; Requirement Capture; Requirements Capture; Concept; Trade Study; Trade Studies; System Engineer
Commutable from: Bristol; Bath; Newport; Cardiff; Weston-Super-Mare; Chippenham; Swindon; Gloucester; Gloucestershire; Cheltenham; Bridgwater; Stroud; Cirencester
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.