Estimating and Pricing Specialist
A leading aerospace and defence client now seek an Estimating and Pricing Specialist to join their finance team.
Location: Bristol (mixed on-site and home working)
Employment Type: Contract (Inside IR35)
Length of Contract: 12 months
Rates: £65-72p/h Umbrella
* Lead the development of complex estimates and prices for technical requirements through the design, build and support stages of the programme.
* Supports business proposals, evaluates and makes recommendations based on complex requests for proposal and substantiates the basis of estimates and pricing methods/ data.
* Develops complex pricing models and business cases.
* Lead and perform complex analysis and provide recommendations in support of pricing and estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.).
* Review and maintain cost and pricing data, determining database requirements and identifying new data sources.
* Lead the development/application/maintenance of unique and non-unique rates and factors for estimating.
* Support compliance activities, policy and procedure development, deployment of new systems/tools, training development/delivery and internal audits.
* Provide guidance and recommendations for innovative approaches, methods and techniques to analyse, evaluate and resolve complex finance issues.
* Support development of pricing rates and internal budget setting, optimising internal structures to ensure “market affordability”.
* Develop and implement policy for trading on Qualifying Defence Contracts, aligning internal structures accordingly
* Support customer (CAAS) interactions on estimated rates, actual rates, cost certification and cost model verification.
* Experience in risk, opportunity and uncertainty management – identification, justification, mitigation, cost and modelling processes.
* Data analysing skills – highly numerate and intuitive.
* Advanced excel skills including data manipulation and scenario modelling.
* Full understanding of the different elements of pricing.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to discuss complex and technical financial information simply with internal stakeholders and customer.
* Ability to justify cost estimates both internally (e.g. Technical Bid Reviews) and externally (e.g. Customer audit) using imperfect information and assumptions.
* Knowledge of working in defence industry – Demonstrate knowledge of MOD financial and Investment Approval procedures, governance and regulations.
* Experience working with CAAS for both Proposal and Rates Audits.
* Experience working with SSRO for QDC establishing allowable costs and allocation of costs.
* Experience using Cost, Pricing and Risk analysis software, PRICE, ProPricer, @Risk etc.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Business or Engineering related degree.
* Member of Estimating and Pricing society e.g. SCAF, ACostE or ICEAA
* Demonstrated ability to mentor/ train and lead others.
Key words: pricing, estimates, aersospace, defence, SCAF, ACostE, ICEAA<PRICE, Proposal, risk management, data analysis, bid reviews
Commutable from: Bristol, Bath, Newport, Weston-Super-Mare, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Chippenham, Yeovil, Bridgewater, Taunton, Swindon
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.