Optical/Transmission FAT Engineer – 3-Month Contract
London – £26.50 p/hr
Stream Resourcing are working with a market leading client and we are looking for a FAT Engineer to join their team, on a 3-month contact, based in London.
We are looking for an individual who will be accountable for carrying out:
* Integration of high capacity WDM Optical Transmission Equipment
* Configure the Equipment as required for the specific projects
* Analyse and investigate issues, determine root cause and implement improvements as applicable. Record investigations and failed units on the standard ticket system.
* Assess which test is required for each specific project
* Testing the project equipment as required.
* Contributing to the day to day support to integration
* Perform climatic chamber test for production units
* Fault/Repair confirmation of returned/repaired units
* Generating reports for quality, efficiency and plan conformance as requested by department supervisor
* A relevant engineering degree in Optics or Data transmission or Electronics & Communication (Or suitable industry experience)
* Previous experience of working on contemporary transmission equipment, preferably optical transmission equipment (Desirable)
* Good knowledge in SDH Transmission, and DWDM and optical test equipment’s (Advantage)
* Solid problem-solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems. (Essential)
* Ability to use varieties of test equipment such as Optical spectrum analyser, optical power meter, attenuator, oscilloscope etc. (Essential)
* Experience & competence of working closely with Customers. (Desirable)
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.