Financial Cloud Analyst (FinOps) – Contract – Geneva/Remote
I’ve got an opportunity for a 3 month contract for a Financial Cloud Analyst. You’re working to support a client in Geneva, with opportunities for onsite or remote working to suit your preference.
What will you do?
* Provide services costing expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT/cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
* Develop in-depth knowledge of the existing IT/cloud architecture/in-house infrastructure and technology portfolio.
* Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure demand management and cost-of-service pricing techniques, and recommend practices that will increase cost effectiveness.
* Develop, document, and make recommendations and communicate plans for financial operations with IT/cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
* Work closely with developers, IT operations, business, and accounting staff to build and propose a cost-of-service (COS) chargeback model to the service owners of new products or service functionality (internal and external), matching the actual costs to these and ensuring appropriate recovery.
* Work with developers and business and accounting staff to resolve open billing service accounting/costing issues, identify processes improvements, and track progress to completion.
* Provide IT/cloud financial details to Accounting and lines of business in order to complete reconciliation of IT service accounts.
* Analyze the demand for IT/cloud services in order to generate forecast and capacity planning as well as provide information to the vendor management role to negotiate better pricing (e.g. low utilization, more optimal usage patterns or deployment options).
* Validate /reconcile the electronic billing generated from the cloud provider(s) [Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure…] and inform and raise a concern to the vendor management role if issues are identified.
* Build, maintain, and optimize dashboards to provide management with an analytical view of services data for cost-of-service, demand, cost-of-service pricing, and capacity planning.
* Support knowledge transfer/training for colleagues related to IT/cloud demand management and service billing.
* Develop/maintain training material/documentation supporting the key concepts of public cloud billing, the IT/cloud service billing, and cross charging processes.
* Be responsible for the financial operation and rate provisioning of third-party cloud billing & IT cost management tools such as Cloudcheckr.
* Establish and maintain KPI(s) on cloud cost containment which demonstrate the business value of FinOps activities
What are we looking for?
* Budget & Finance Management
* Cloud Architecture
* Cloud Costs Monitoring Tools
* ERP based system
* MS Office, Tableau
* FinOps Certification
* AWS Certifications (Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect)
* UN/International Experience
For more information, apply now for a confidential chat!