Firmware Engineer (FPGA/VHDL)-12-month contract (Inside IR35)-Portsmouth-£50 p/h Deemed LTD, £56.50 p/h Umbrella, £42.71 p/h PAYE
Our Space and Defence client is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join their Portsmouth team on an initial 12-month basis with a liklihood of extension.
This is an exciting role with scope for plenty of learning and further responsibilities down the line. The role also has potential for occasional UK or Worldwide travel.
Key elements of the role:
Task and Accountabilities
* Design, implement and test firmware elements of a product in response to requirements set by the systems team
* Resolve technical needs, supporting the integration of this product into systems
* Focus on embedded firmware (though the company is willing to bring you up-to-speed if you have a willingness to learn this skill)
* Be open to learning and applying new skills, tools and techniques
* Comfortable designing, implementing and documenting Firmware to customer needs
* Working knowledge of Xilinx FPGA technologies (including Vivado) and VHDL design lifecycle
* Experience with Matlab, Simulink of SysML or UML
* Any experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial
Due to the nature of these products candidates must already hold or be able to gain SC level clearance
Key words: firmware engineer, FPGA, Vivado, VHDL, Matlab, Simulink, SysML, UML, embedded firmware, Agile, Scrum
Commutable from: Portsmouth, Havant, Waterloovile, Fareham, Chichester, Southampton, Petersfield, Hampshire
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.