FPGA Design Engineer
FPGA’s are a crucial element in many of our subsystems and our FPGA designers play a key role in successful product development. The client has a wide product portfolio needing FPGA designs, including Seekers, Actuators, Datalinks, Telemetry Units, Launchers and Test Equipment.
You will work in technology areas that include image processing, signal processing, embedded processors, safety and security to name but a few.
As a leading edge technology company, we need to maintain a diverse skill set, which offers great opportunity for individual growth and diversity. The work is challenging but incredibly rewarding.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience.
* Competent VHDL skills.
* Competent verification skills where SystemVerilog would be an advantage, but not mandated.
* Candidates will need to demonstrate a proven track record of designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi devices and mastery of associated tool chains.
* An agile team player with good verbal and written communication skills capable of operating in a multi-disciplinary team
* Candidates with a desire to deliver and an eagerness to learn and develop.
* Candidates with an ability to technically lead small teams would be an advantage, but not mandated.
What’s in it for you?
* An opportunity to tackle technically demanding projects, develop new skills
* Opportunity to show that you share our key values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion and Team Spirit
* Join a team full of desire and ambition to be the best we can.
* You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future products
* You will be involved in the design, development and proving of key MBDA products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
What would you get?
* *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
* Architecture and Requirement definition. Working with hardware and system engineers to define the FPGA needs.
* Design implementation and test.
* Prepare and efficiently maintain design and test documentation.
* Peer review support. Through sharing with others we grow as a team.
* Integration support. Working with systems, software and hardware engineers to ensure product performance. It only works when it works together.
* Preparing the future. Working on research topics to secure the technology of the future.
What’s Great About the Team?
* The FPGA team is a collocated team of focussed and skilled individuals who strive to deliver to the hig