Freight Co-ordinator – 12month FTC – Gillingham
Due to an exciting period of growth we are looking for someone to join the team for a 12-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will need to be analytical, organised and have experience with transportation management, shipping, parts ordering, warehouse operations.
* Achieve logistics cost reduction & inbound premium freight targets
* Track freight movements and manage relationships with carriers for plant operational issues
* Ensure logistics reporting is accurate and that financial accruals are realistic
* Support freight invoice audit process
* Execute daily/ weekly/ monthly monitoring routines and ensure reporting tools are updated
* Monitor / track all import and export shipments, ensuring documentation is correct.
* Identify ways to optimize logistic routes and truck utilization. Work with relevant parties to implement the cost reduction initiatives
* Manage freights and direct relationship with carriers for plant operational aspects. Support urgent transportation requirements, identify freight option to meet arrival time, intermediate quotation and ensure proper approval process for these freights
* Ensure the Logistics reporting is accurate and that the financial accruals represent reality
* Track logistic spend and submit the monthly accrual amounts to Finance.
* Experience in transportation management, shipping, parts ordering, warehouse operations
* Interpersonal skills
* Organised and structured (document retention discipline)
* Analytical skills, ability to work with numbers
* Microsoft Excel experience
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.