Full-Stack Developer – WordPress & PHP- Upto £35,000 – Hybrid Working – Winchester
Are you looking to kickstart your career and join a growing full service digital design agency producing high quality bespoke solutions to clients across the UK. Our client offers a dynamic and employee focused workplace with regular social events and the opportunity for regular pay increases commensurate with achieving defined personal development goals supported by a training budget.
Technical Skills and Experience:
* Experience with graphic design software’s such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD or equivalents
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Experience with PHP and MySQL
* Fluent with WordPress development techniques – developing bespoke themes/plugins based on requirements
* Experience taking provided design assets and create functional websites
* Responsive HTML email design
* Experience with pre-processing techniques (SASS) and task runners (grunt, gulp, webpack)
* Working knowledge of version control e.g. Git, with the ability to effectively collaborate with others using branches, merging etc.
* Understanding of server management including caching
* A user-centric approach to design including a strong understanding of digital accessibility (WCAG 2.1) standards
* An understanding of how back-end and front-end work together to produce effective results
* Basic understanding of SEO and digital marketing principles
* Experience working with APIs; ability to use WordPress hooks and filters to connect with external APIs without plugins.
* Create and deliver user-centric design solutions working with a variety of clients
* Develop features and functionality which enhance the user experience
* Balance functional and aesthetic design
* Create code that is optimized for maximum speed and scalability
* Design with a mobile-first approach, optimizing code and layout for smartphones and other devices
* Deliver full websites for clients:
* Stand-alone / single page apps using a framework or first-party code
* Simple ‘landing page’ type websites using a page builder
* Large bespoke websites, powered by a Content Management System – designing a fully-bespoke theme and plugins
* Work with plugins such as WooCommerce, MemberPress, LearnDash to provide enhanced functionality
* Develop fully responsive HTML email templates / campaigns using a framework such as MJML or Foundation for Emails
* Support the development of in-house solutions and innovations that can be sold to clients as standalone products
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.