Are you a DV cleared Infrastructure Engineer? Keen to work on exciting MOD projects across the UK?
My MOD client, the Joint Forces Command (JFC) are looking for a DV cleared contractor to join their team in Abbey Wood, Bristol. Hybrid working is available and the contract has been deemed inside of IR35.
Rate – £600 p/d Umbrella
Clearance – Due to security and access information, the role is only open to a Sole UK National with active DV clearance.
CV deadline – Tuesday 06/09
Job Title: Mission Information Exploitation (MIX) Infrastructure Engineer.
Mission Information Exploitation (MIX) Services deliver innovative and successful capabilities to our armed forces worldwide, such as data and information services for weapons systems, command and control systems, mission planning & navigation systems and information management & exploitation tools.
As an IT Infrastructure Projects Engineer you will be overseeing the implementation of a wide range of technical solutions for our Armed Forces. You will be working closely with the design and project management teams to ensure that projects are effectively delivered to our end users satisfaction.
This position combines technical skills covering all aspects of IT, including implementation, migration and troubleshooting skills for all aspects of any given solutions such as server infrastructure, network infrastructure, cloud and communications platforms etc.
This role will work within the Mission Information Exploitation Services Team which is responsible for the creation and sustainment of a broad range of national, International (5-eyes AUSCANUKUSNZ) and NATO intelligence information services for at all security classifications.
You will take responsibility for supporting the Project delivery of IT Intelligence systems whilst ensuring that relevant Defence stakeholders are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner. Projects are delivered using AGILE and Waterfall methodologies.
You will be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the development of engineering solutions whilst identifying on-going improvements to existing systems.
* Lead, manage and integrate multi-disciplined engineering teams; directing engineering resources to deliver packages of work or services to quality, time and cost.
* Reviewing and providing IT engineering advice on the delivery of infrastructure to support each project ensuring usable capability is available for front line forces.
* Supporting the development of the test and evaluation strategy for the projects
* Providing technical leadership to solve complex problems with innovative solutions that enhance capability
* Working closely with industry partners, both nationally and internationally
* Ensure technical risks and opportunities are captured and actively managed
* Develop or oversee the Industry development of solutions, developing design documentation (high and low level)
* Clear and effective Stakeholder engagement management and all levels with customers and suppliers on behalf of Defence Digital.
* Oversight and sign off of the installation and commissioning of I.T services.
* Support in-service incident management and oversee problem resolution.
Essential skills / experience:
* Microsoft Windows
* Windows Server Technologies
* IT Networks – Understanding of the OSI Model, DNS, TCP/IP, VPN’s, LANs, WANs, VLANs, Bandwidth Management and Firewall technologies.
* IT infrastructure. You can support, design and implement infrastructure technologies and solutions such as: computing, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, and virtual and cloud computing, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. Experience in using and managing platforms utilising Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be preferable.
* Information security. You can maintain the availability, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations. You can design, implement and operate controls and management strategies to allow this.
* Systems design and systems testing.
* Troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Desirable skills / experience:
* Degree in Systems Engineering / Computer Science.
* Experience of AGILE, Cloud Computing, AI and ML
* CompTIA Network+
* Cisco Networking Qualifications (CCNA, CCNP)
* AWS Cloud Fundamentals
* Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.