A specialist in aerospace, space and defence, this client is looking for their next Infrastructure Engineer to join their defence team.
Location: Newport, Wales
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6-monts
Rates: £536.75p/h Umbrella/ £405.73p/h PAYE
Clearance: Current SC
The Infrastructure Engineer will need to leverage their practical design knowledge for implementing Microsoft technologies and virtualisation techniques to build, integrate and deliver system architecture. These tasks will be against a project work breakdown structure, for either individual standalone projects or elements of a bigger programme. The role is varied and demanding and will require the individual to be proactive in taking the lead for key areas.
The current projects will require an awareness of operating infrastructure services in a secured environment and an understanding of enabling security lockdown and controls to allow system accreditation.
A successful candidate will be directly responsible for:
* Infrastructure and virtualisation implementation across multiple projects.
* Execution of Work packages for the project
* Hands on deployment of their Knowledge of Microsoft and Virtualisation Techniques
* Fault finding and problem solving
* Supporting other enabling technologies (e.g. System Centre, Exchange, SQL)
* Experience in design of a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks.
* Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
* Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution
* Proven experience working within at least 1 of the following customers environments UK MOD, NATO and Central Government
* Application of security hardening/lockdown of systems
* Demonstration, by experience, the ability to participate in all phases of a technical delivery from initial requirements capture through to in-service operations.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and team building skills
* Good personal organization, time management, planning
* Experience in implementing certificate-based network solutions.
* Good customer-facing and team working skills.
Key words: software engineer, infrastructure engineer, aerospace, defence, secure systems, multi-vendor complex, product vendors, MOD, NATO, Government, security hardening, system lockdown
Commutable from: Newport, Bristol, Cardiff, Cwmbran, Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, Port Talbot, Barry, Abergavenny, Hereford, Three Cocks, Tewkesbury, Bath
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.