Integration and Test Engineer – South East London – Permanent – £40,000-£43,000 DOE
Do you want to work for a company who lead the industry in terms of transmission capacity?
I’m currently supporting a market leading telecommunications company who are seeking an Integration and Test Engineer to join a well-established department on a permanent basis.
* Integration of high capacity WDM Optical Transmission Equipment for transoceanic subsea networks
* Configure the Equipment as required for the specific projects
* Troubleshoot the Network Element
* Analyse and investigate issues, determine root cause. Record investigations and failed units on the standard ticket system
* Assess which test is required for each specific project
* Perform Factory Acceptance Test on Network Elements
* Contributing to the day-to-day support to integration and FAT
* Fault/Repair confirmation of returned/repaired units
* Generating reports for quality, efficiency and plan conformance as requested by department supervisor
* A relevant engineering degree in Telecommunications / Electronics & Communication / Optics
* Previous experience of working on contemporary transmission equipment, preferably optical transmission equipment
* Good knowledge in SDH Transmission, and DWDM and optical test equipment’s
* Solid problem-solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems.
* Ability to use varieties of test equipment such as Optical spectrum analyser, optical power meter, oscilloscope etc.
For more information on this role please contact Gemma on 02392 314690.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.