We are looking for Integration Engineer to join our rapidly expanding software and control systems team. Our team is responsible for developing a broad range of software solutions across a broad range of vehicles, technologies, and customer systems.
Our control system is vertically integrated, so all successful candidates have broad opportunities to develop software solutions for user interaction, hardware & device interfacing, control & mission orchestration, situation awareness, sensor fusion, and data science & analytics; to administer and maintain our build systems and infrastructure; and to design and implement IP network and other comms solutions.
Integration Engineers are responsible for bringing a range of software, networking, and hardware components together to build and deliver first-in-class control system solutions to our internal and external customers. Excellent problem-solving skills are essential to investigate any reasons why systems may not work first time. Once assembled, tested, and proved, they are responsible for ensuring excellent configuration control is maintained throughout the process, and for developing documentation for production teams to use to build subsequent vessels.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Packaging, installation, and verification of software components and device configurations. Configuration management and version control of vessel configuration, in-line with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices as far as practical.
* Conduct all testing and verification required for first-in-class vessels, proving system functionality and producing appropriate commissioning plans for on-going vessel production. Fault-find and diagnose system issues that do not meet the intended design goals, raising suggestions as engineering changes, and providing engineering input as required.
* Contribute to project plans and schedules to enable software and hardware configuration deliveries against project objectives.
* Information gathering, analysis, and investigation of solutions to tackle project issues as and when they arise.
* Work with customers, sales, engineering teams, and other appropriate areas of the business to assist in defining and breaking down detailed requirements.
* Production of and contribution into technical documentation. Support factory, harbour, and sea customer acceptance trials.
* Dealing with the unique challenges that arise in the emerging area of autonomous boats. Contribute to software / integration / business strategy and investment path
* Contribute to wider software and integration activities and programmes Providing specialist advice to clients in specific areas
* Experience with Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
* Comfortable being “hands on” and working with tools (e.g., background as a fitter) Excellent cross-functional fault-finding skills
* Strong willingness to constantly learn new systems and tools
Electrical, Mechanical, or Network fitting background Experience integrating hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems
Experience installing, diagnosing, and maintaining Ethernet networks Experience with CAN buses and devices
Exposure to the Linux operating system with some Bash experience Some exposure to Python or a willingness to learn
Strong willingness to learn new systems and tools
Systems thinking: able to work across software, networking, and electrical boundaries Inquisitive and keen to understand the detail
Strong desire to improve systems, processes, and documentation
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.