Contract Integration & Test Engineer (6-months)
Greenwich, London – Inside IR35
Stream Resourcing are working with an industry leading telecommunications company who offer turnkey global transmission systems, tailored to each individual customer’s needs. This is a well-established organisation who are flourishing in a prolonged period of sustained, organic growth and as a result, they are seeking Integration & Test Engineer’s to join their team.
* Integration of high capacity WDM Optical Transmission Equipment for transoceanic subsea networks
* Configure the Equipment as required for the specific projects
* Troubleshoot the Network Element
* Analyse and investigate issues, determine root cause. Record investigations and failed units on the standard ticket system.
* Assess which test is required for each specific project
* Perform Factory Acceptance Test’s on Network Elements
* Contribute to the day to day support to integration and FAT
* Fault/Repair confirmation of returned/repaired units
* Generating reports for quality, efficiency and plan conformance as requested by the department supervisor
* A relevant engineering degree in Telecommunications / Electronics & Communication / Optics
* Previous experience of working on contemporary transmission equipment, preferably optical transmission equipment (Essential)
* Good knowledge in SDH Transmission, DWDM and optical test equipment’s (Essential)
* Solid problem-solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems. (Essential)
* Ability to use varieties of test equipment such as Optical spectrum analyser, optical power meter, oscilloscope etc. (Essential)
* Experience & competence of working closely with Customers. (Desirable)
* Previous experience as Transmission Network Integration (DWDM) or Installation, Commissioning Engineer (Advantage)
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.