Stream Resourcing have an exciting requirement for an Intelligent Systems Engineer to join their client, a world leader in the Defence industry, based in Filton.
A successful candidate will work within a team of intelligent systems, autonomous systems and command and control (C2) engineers to develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms spanning a range of domains from on-board autonomous decision making to off-board C2 algorithms. The work will involve researching, developing, testing, evaluating and implementing algorithms that integrate into wider complex weapon systems through both funded internal research & development and fast-moving, complex projects.
As an IAS engineer you will be expected to collaborate and provide support both within the function and the wider MBDA community, offering significant opportunities to be involved in a wide variety of projects and tasks. You will develop algorithms that are central to the design of MBDA’s complex guided weapon systems products. These algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
* Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
* Algorithms to support: initial missile feasibility and concept studies; assessment and development programmes; and mid-life updates for in in-service products.
IAS engineers are involved in all stages of the lifecycle and play a key role in many of our product developments.
What we are looking for from you?
* Preferably PhD qualified in related area or a degree with strong mathematical content and programming skills e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Information Engineering.
* A keen interest in cutting-edge technologies.
* Relevant experience, Post-Doctoral or Industrial, in robotics, autonomous decision making, data fusion, tracking/estimation, pattern discovery & recognition, statistical inference, optimisation and machine/deep learning algorithms. Real-time implementation, and/or validation & verification is a strong advantage.
As an IAS engineer you will be expected to cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics. However specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
* Robotics, guidance and autonomous decision making, e.g.
* Routing and motion/trajectory planning, optimisation, co-ordinated guidance and control, decision theory, MDPs/POMDPs, expert systems, game theory, decision support systems, multi-agent systems
* Data fusion and state estimation/tracking algorithms e.g.
* Kalman Filtering, multiple-model tracking methods, particle filters, grid-based estimation methods, Multi-Object-Multi-Sensor Fusion, data-association, random finite sets, Bayesian belief networks, Dempster-Shafer theory of evidence
* Machine Learning for regression and pattern recognition/discovery problems e.g.
* Gaussian processes, latent variable methods, support vector machines, probabilistic/statistical models, neural networks, Bayesian inference, random-forests, novelty detection, clustering
* Deep Learning e.g.