Internal Software Consultant (MSc/PhD Academic Level) – Weybridge £40,000 – £80,000 + bonus + benefits – Permanent
Due to on-going company growth this highly successful Software Consultancy are now looking to recruit additional Internal Consultant to work in the UK-based support centre, joining an existing team of highly motivated and skilled individuals. Their products are used as a core component in the enterprise data processing infrastructure by hugely successful global companies.
You will be the link between customers and the development team, where your expertise will help solve high performance & high complexity data processing challenges across different industries.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate (PHD), as you will embark in a full 6 month training programme, ensuring you are set up to be successful with all the right tools, whilst acquiring new skills.
It is also a fantastic opportunity for a more experience individual with strong academics and a highly technical background, who wants to work on some of the most challenging and complex problems out there.
The Internal Consulting role is focused on making their customers successful and involves problem solving that goes far beyond the traditional role that might exist in other companies. The types of requests from customers include but not limited to:
· Highly complex Bug Reporting
· Solving complex high-level design queries
· Debugging complex problems often resulting from third party systems such as Operating Systems, Databases, Networks and hardware
Other activities might include customer training both on/off site and occasional site visits when warranted.
· MSc/ PHD in STEM related – (Physics, Chemistry, Sciences, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Developer)
· Some experience working in a technical role
· You must have fantastic communication skills with the ability to explain highly technical software solutions to non-technical audiences in layman’s terms. Therefore, you must have the ability to speak and explain both technically and non-technically
· Enjoy problem solving
We are looking for an emphasis on technical aptitude and drive, rather than detailed knowledge in a specific field. Therefore, being highly motivated and self-driven is a key aptitude to have.
· Ideally you will have some programming skills in at least one of the following – C#, C++, C, Java (any language would be considered).
· IBM Mainframe
· Knowledge or awareness of data warehousing
· It would be highly advantageous to be fluent in one of the following languages in addition to English: French, Turkish, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish
Key Words: PHD, MSc, Software Consultant, Problem Solving, IT, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,