Junior Support Engineer – Hampshire based – £25,000-30,000
Are you passionate about software development, electronic devices and being at the cutting edge of automotive technology?
I’m working with a client, a real leader in their niche to help them find a support engineer to join the team.
This is a Hampshire based role with travel to and from client site, we’re looking for someone to support in the install and maintenance of their products into a range of vehicles to suit clients needs.
Part software engineer working to develop the next versions of their systems, part vehicle technician, part IT support this is a fascinating role that will suit someone with a broad technical background and a passion for all things automotive.
Due to the nature of the role, you must have a full driving licence and passport and be willing to travel.
* Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
* Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system faults, bugs or issues supported by the development team
* Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal specialists
* Travel to customer’s sites and work on systems installed in emergency services vehicles
* Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers to assist in identifying issues.
* Develop a broader set of software and hardware skills
* Work in a team developing automotive solutions for fleet customers
* Responsible for creating and updating installation and operation manuals
* Support the development team with all system testing and creating test procedures for future tests
* Programming hardware devices ready to be delivered to customers supported by the development team
What are we looking for?
* Face to face customer support experience, ideally working to install products and software. Public sector experience a benefit.
* Experience in installing and configuring Android applications
* Understanding of software and hardware development lifecycle, including agile practices
* Comfortable reading product datasheets and system schematics, and understanding their technical implications
* Support the software and hardware developers in testing
* Awareness of commonly used aembedded serial bus protocols such as CAN, I2C and Serial
* IP and network configuration experience in Android and Windows environments
Nice to Have
* An understanding of Java and basic object-oriented software development
* Compiling and building operating systems (OS) images from source code
* Experience in installing and configuring Android Operating Systems on hardware platforms
* Troubleshooting build errors in operating systems (Android/Linux)
* Configuring Android for Kiosk mode and use of device policies
What’s in it for me?
On top of a base salary in line with your experience, you’ll join a fast-growing company